Leon

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

You are ****ting me? Making a scene worries you?

No, at the top of my lungs I have more than once called for a manager to
open more check outs at a large store. But if the employee indicates to me
that I may be doing something wrong, I will gladly let them go about their
business. Two weeks ago may wife and I were in a small fishing resort town
in southern Texas. We were in a large tourist shop when I heard a car
alarm go off just outside the the front doors. I casually walked out the
door to see if it was our car and carried with me some merchandise that I
had been looking at. Fifteen feet out the door I realised what I had done
and promptly got back inside the store. Had an employee called me on this I
would have been caught red handed. Sometimes mistakes happen that look as
wrong as wrong can be. Still I would have been guilty. Thieves use the
same tactics. Draw attention elsewhere and let someone else walk off with
the goods. Yes, I gladly let the employees check me out if the suspect me.
I and you could easily do something that looks quite suspitious.

I don't respect stores for protecting their assets.

You would rather pay higher prices to make up for stolen goods?

I respect them for giving the customer a good deal, taking care of business
and making a sensible profit.

Unfortunately protecting ones assets is part of that formula of making a
sensable profit.

If I am stealing...some clerk is going to decide that, from something he

or she
saw or thinks he saw.

Like hell.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose

Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary