ray

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:31:36 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

Lowell Holmes asks:
What is radiata pine? :-)

Pinus radiata. Monterey pine. US and Australia, with NZ and South Africa also
as introduced ranges. Not much different from other pines.

I googled it before asking the newsgroup, but there seemed to be a lot
more stuff on radiata as a quickly renewable wood resource than on its
working qualities. It looks different from a lot of other pine, at least
to my eye. I can't think of a really good way to describe it, but there's
a degree of chatoyance (lapidary term, kind of a sheen) to the wood that
ought to be very attractive if properly exploited.

I guess no one's used it.