On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:42:20 GMT, "Clif" wrote:

I am gonna show my age, and perversness, A long time ago I saw on the back
of a mag, believe it was , well nevermind what it was lol, but a cop covered
in soot carrying out a child from a fire, with the caption "And you still
call him a pig"

There are some people out there who will only respect a
policeman/fireman/paramedic only when they are helping them. And if they
are not helping them, they dont care

Clif

they have a tough job. but it's one they signed up for. give them
cretit for what they do, and hold them to the highest standards.
Frankly, I think they're underpaid and the hiring standards are way
too lax.

me, I've seen way too much abuse of authority to have any respect for
the uniform. cops are people. they want my respect, they need to earn
it.