Jim Stewart

Emmo wrote:
I am marking a bunch of trees with some aluminum "dog tags" with three or
four lines of words (all the same) and a unique number.

I have been stamping these out, words and numbers with a Harbor Freight 1/4"
stamp set and a ball pein hammer. Now the problem is how to mass produce
200 of these blanks -- I can't do the verbiage all letter by letter,
(although I will still be stamping in the unique number).

How can I make a stamp with whole words or sentences? Can I use a 2-ton
arbor press and some kind of dye? I would need a plate about the size of a
business card, or maybe a little bigger. Where would I even go to find
something like this? How are dog tags done?

Can I etch or anodize the info onto surface of these tags instead of
stamping? Even engraving would be faster than the whack, whack, whack of
my hammer...

Nice new equipment:

http://www.datatechsys.net/C380.htm

Nice cheap equipment: