Jim Stewart

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

One other thing you failed to mention, as most people are not aware of
it..the insurance companies took a real beating during the implosion
of the DotCom bubble as their monies were invested ....

WHoa hold on there.

"Invested???"

You mean they're taking my premiums and *not* paying for
folks to get treated by doctors - that they're simply
playing the shell game like the rest of the megacorps?

In that case, seeing as they've made unwise investments,
they should simply do what the rest of the companies who
screw up do. Go out of business.

What the heck, is this heath care or the horse races?

Now are we talking about health insurance or car insurance
or fire insurance?

I doubt that much of your health or car insurance premium
ever got invested long-term.

As to fire/flood/hurricane/earthquake insurance, the
companies could go 2,3 or more years without a huge
claim. It would only make sense to invest the accumulated
premiums. The trick would be to invest it in a less risky
endeaver than what they are insuring (: