Leon

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Leon states:

You are blowing this out of proportion. I believe the original idea was
someone being hurt when stealing. Cops do have the legal right to order
anyone to stop and to stop that person.

The original statement had zip to do with cops. It was clerks in a

Wal-Mart
store.

Clerks, cops, or rent a cops. If the thief gets hurt during a crime, too
bad for him. We should not have to fear hurting him when he is caught red
handed.

But the liberal laws protect them. It has to be up to the police

officers
to put this fear into the criminals. Jail time obviousely does not work.
The only thing most criminals fear is being beaten up.

Bull****. Criminals fear jail time, but they know that a good lawyer means
their only jail time will be in the arrest pen.

Therefore, they do not fear going to jail.

Criminals do not want this to happen either. I seriously doubt that you
will be jumped if you simply cooperate and show them that you don't have
something that you have not paid for.

I do not owe a clerk cooperation or an explanation of anything. Jesus.

If you are stealing you certainly do and I would gladly prove my innocence
if asked to display the inside of my coat if approached in a store that I am
visiting. I may never go back but I would respect the store for trying to
protect it's assets. It certainly beats making a scene and for sure looking
guilty, guilty or not.

And if you had actually stolen something while being treated this way,

the
liberal laws have failed again. When did the the citizens loose the

right
to protect their property?

When did citizens lose the right to be left alone when they have not done
anything?

Neither one of us knows whether the parties jumped were guilty or

innocent.
But, then, neither did the clerks who did the jumping. They thought they

knew.
Different thing.

True.

So how is the Bird House Book coming?

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose

Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary