Bob Schmall

"Leon" wrote in message

"Eddie Munster" wrote in message
Last year at a grocery store near where I live, the male suspect died.

He was stealing diapers I believe. He suffocated. The security guards
held him on the ground with their knees on his chest. He couldn't
breath. Suffocation by chest compression, should be covered in training
courses.

John

That is the chance the guy took, He lost this one.

Is this what they call "compassionate conservatism?" That someone stealing
deserves to die? Why not just cut off his hand as they do in less civilized
countries?

This isn't an eye for an eye--this is a life for an eye, and that's not
right. The guy deserved a trial and conviction within a legal system, not
execution by a $8 an hour civilian. When we start allowing vigilante justice
we are well down the road to barbarism.