Mark Rand

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 01:59:17 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

Worst I've seen was 50V - telephone exchange busbars. They'd deliver
a squiggaamp and not break a sweat. At least 230V usually has some
sort of fuse somewhere.

Lately I've been zapping myself with 12V - the electrolytic derust
tank, because I'm still to stupid to always switch it off before going
near it. It's "only 12V", but across two hands that are wet with
salty water, you sure feel it.

Been there! Also bear in mind that, if you've got one or two good sized grazes
on your hands, the current with 12V and the electrolyte can come very close to
fatal levels. I have ended up even applying the old BTH test house rules to
this situation... "When working on open switchgear, the worker must keep one
hand in his pocket at all times". It's a good rule and it usually works.

Mark Rand
RTFM