Bond

If you lived near Bay City, Michigan you could rent a special
trailer designed for moving small buildings. It has a 12 foot
axle and can be taken apart to be assembled under the jacked up
building. About two years ago the rental cost for 24 hours was
$35.

Woodland Industries
112 S Huron Road
Kawkawlin Township, Michigan
(989) 686-6176

I have no business connection to them. I have bought boat trailer
repair parts from them. Perhaps a rental company near where you
live could buy the plans or a copy of the trailer.

Bond

HerHusband wrote in message ...
I have an 8x12 storage shed (2x4 walls, 1/2" plywood) that I need to move
about 150'. It's currently bolted to a concrete slab, and I would like to
pour a new slab at the new location and set the shed up there.

Unfortunately, the route to the new location is a tough one. Fairly rough
ground, a trip AROUND the house, UP a small hill, and finally pushed about
20' BACKWARDS into place.

The common approaches of using poles or pipes as rollers wouldn't work very
well on the rough ground, going around corners, or up a hill (don't want
the shed to roll downhill into the house!).

I don't own a truck, but will be renting a small tractor to do some yard
work in the next few months. I thought that might supply the "muscle" I
need, but I still have to figure out how to move the shed.

It would be nice if I could just attach some wheels to the shed somehow and
tow it where it needs to go. But, big wheels might cost more than the shed?

My only other option is to disassemble the shed into panels and rebuild it
on the new slab. But, that's a lot more work and expense than I would like,
and not a big savings over just building a new shed.

Any tips for my shed relocation?

Thanks,

Anthony