Franc Zabkar

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:00:26 -0700, JR NORTH
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Realistic Am/Fm Auto-Reverse Tape Deck
The tuner and output/line level amps are ok on both channels. The
cassette deck left channel is very weak-right channel OK. I adjusted the
head for best freq. response but still no left channel. Auto reverse
decks use 4 channel head and switch the channel pairs for rev. So, it
can't be 1 dead channel in the playback head, as the left channel is
dead both directions. Ditto for the phase switch. Preamp? Or am I
missing something?
JR

I had a similar problem with a Fujitsu Ten player. IIRC, the problem
was either a broken flex cable, or a dirty switch.

- Franc Zabkar