Cicero

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
alterego wrote:
I want to make a section of lead flashing to wrap around an external
corner. This requires a soldered joint or two but I can't find out how
to do it. I'm a fairly experienced DIYer and not afraid to learn
something new. Can anyone tell me how to join two pieces of lead
please? Thanks

I'm not an expert by any means, but most lead joints tend to be just sort
of bent double, interleaved, then dressed 'flat'.

To solder lead isn't difficult, but you need special solder called
plumber's metal which melts at a lower temperature. And to be very careful
not to melt the lead. Otherwise, it's the same as soldering anything.

--
snipped

You also need the correct flux - ask at your plumbers' merchants when you
buy the solder.

The 'lapped' joint described above (by another poster) is probably the best
way to go unless there are special circumstances.

Cic.