RobW

If you cut part way through the MDF, say with a router, in the shape of
your router base, you would have a usable router table now, since, as
another poster mentioned, that piece will be removed when you install the
plate later. Your Ryobi should be up to this. And it doesn't have to be
all that neat. It's temporary.

I was thinking about that, but then concerned that I'd have no way to
change bits without unbolting the router. I was hoping that a piece
of 1/2" ply as an insert would work, but apparently not strong enough.
This morning somebody sent me an email that they'll send me a
phenolic plate they have sitting around and not using. Can't complain
about that.....

Have fun with the new place. Beware of wife storing her stuff in your
shop. DAMHIKT

She's already threatened it.....AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! (I can say that
because she's not sitting here watching me type.) Actually, our plans
with the house were to split the basement, each getting half. When
she saw the basement in the model (it's a new house we're building)
she said I need more room for a shop, why not use 3/4 of it.... what a
woman!