jim rozen

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

The insurance companies are merely responding to the costs they have to
reimburse. Those costs can be traced to two major developments in the last
several decades: increased medical technology, and trial lawyers.

Medical technology, yes. Med Mal trials? Sorry, those have
been around since forever. There hasn't been any change in that
department.

You have left out what IMO is the single most important driving
force behind cost increases: the average age of US citizens
is going UP. I think that alone would give you the 2 or 3
times increase that we've experienced.

Happened here in Washington state. The State came up with a plan to
cover all residents, open enrollment and no existing condition
restrictions. naturally enough, a lot of people delayed getting insurance
until they were going to need it. Oh yeah, did I mention the insurance
companies decided to write no more medical policies in this state?

OK, let's force the issue and make that effect uniform across the
country. No more medical policies. Anywhere.

The money that's being spent on health care will still be there.
It hasn't 'gone away' just because the insurance companies took
their ball and when home.

Jim

please reply to: