pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Gunner
foisted Tue, 17 Aug 2004 06:42:29 GMT on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:45:23 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:
Short term bonds? Dave...any idea of how many people simply cannot
come up with $825 a month, period? If its a toss up between rent and
food, or $825 in insurance.

Fark, $825 is more than I pay in Rent, and I live in King Co
Washington, recently declared by Forbes magazine to be overpriced central
for the Western US.

In southern California, $850 month will not get you a single bedroom
apartment. in an area heavily populated by minority members whos
parents were patriotic..

$850 is two months mortage payments for me but I live in a dying town
in the middle of **** all nowhere.

I've a friend who has a nice two bedroom place, for $350. But it is a
four to five hour drive from Seattle. "Hell of a commute.." (I have read
of an executive of Amazon who commutes, by air, from Corvallis, but he
flies himself.)
I'm not too concerned with the number ($850, 650, 350, 135) so much as
I'm concerned with the ratio. Spending half my income on rent/mortgage is
not a good situation. Doesn't matter if you're living in a one room shack,
or 10,000 square feet of McMansion - it is not a good situation.

.most will not take the well insured while living in a refrigerator
box route.

Not an option. Insurance is a gamble (_Life_ is a gamble!), so t\you
pays your money and you takes your chances. Or not.

Indeed. And I cant aford to gamble either.

I can't afford it, but I do.

I can't afford the high cost of living, but somehow I still keep doing
it.

tschus
pyotr

--