On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:15:21 -0400, someone wrote:

Sales tax laws vary greatly from state to state but I have never heard of a
sales tax on rentals or sales of real property.

But the tax OP is talking about would not be on the sale or rent, it
would be on the COMMISSION. Now, I don't know if such services are
taxed in NM or not, but that is still way different from what you are
saying.

Our state does require a
modest deed tax on the sale of property paid by the seller. Something like
1.00 per 1000 of valuation.

That's known as a transfer tax or "stamp tax" as traditionally you
bought "tax stamps" to affix to the deed. Not the same tax.

-v.