nemofish wrote:

Thanks for the repy. If I understand correctly in order to transfer a call
the hanset you are using only needs to be within range of the nearest base
unit (not the remote base unit) and that when transferring a call it is
transfered from the local base unit to the remote base unit and then to
the other phone? Hope this makes sense, but I just wanted to make sure
that both phones don't need to be within range of the same base unit in
order to transfer a call.

It must surely be within range of both base units to be able to
transfer a call, how could it work otherwise?

Do the base units usually come with a built in answer phone?

Only if you buy a DECT with built-in answerphone, it's not part of the
DECT standard. DECTs with an answerphone are quite common though.

--
Chris Green