Mike Marlow

"Filo" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

In mine country wainscot is not so popular like in USA. Ours building
norm order ventilation slot between wood and wall to prevent moisture.
I afraid this solution becasue in main opinion growing risk of vermin
in that slot. Based on yours experience, is moisture a real risk if I
will glue wainscot to concrete wall (outer isolated) ?

With greetings, Filo.

Filo:

I live in the northeast USA and we do have to contend with moisture problems
up here. I would not glue any wood directly to a concrete wall that was
below grade where I live. Above grade, I probably would with less concern
for moisture problems. Below grade I fir out the wall with at least 1x3
stringers, simply to ensure the air gap that you are required to provide.

--

-Mike-