Lowell Holmes

Design Cad was their pick. I used the program back in the 80's. It is a very
complete software. It's been around for a long time. I have and use AutoCad.
I don't model woodworking projects in 3-d (I am trained in 3-d). I do make
sketches and plans of nearly every project, including cut lists.

3-d design is time consuming and yields (IMO) very little. Just so you will
know, my 3-d training came when I used the Rebis software. That doesn't make
me an authority, but an informed source. :-)

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
there is a nice review of various CAD programs as they relate to

woodworking
project design/planning in the latest Workbench magazine. I don't have it
in front of me, but IIRC DeltaCad received kudos for ease of use, but
something like 3D Cad Max or something like that was the author's

favorite.

Mike

"Steve Blake" wrote in message

I am presently a New-be and I'm looking for a nice 3D software package

for
new projects. I know you seasoned chippers will just say "Just Do IT".

know but I have to learn for myself. Please advise.

Thanks
Steve