mstrhappygolucky

Thanks again Turtle!

Yes, this is a bit over my head. I'll contact a pro for service.

Thanks!

"TURTLE" wrote in message ...
"mstrhappygolucky" wrote in message
om...

This is Turtle.

Well did the new capasitor work when you put it on the second time ?

Give me the Brand and Model number of the condenser You have .

Give me the origial capasitor size and the two replacement capasitor sizes.

It
will look like this on the side of the capasitor. [ 35 / 5 uf 370 volt ]

About when was the condenser installed in years. 5 / 10 / / 15 / 20 years

ago.

Let me get my crystal ball out here.

It's a Goodman / 2.5 ton / installed in about 1997 to 2000 year / and has

not
been serviced since. How did I do ?

Give me the info above and I can take a look at it.

TURTLE

Hi Turtle, thanks for your help!

The condensor is a Bryant 563CN048-A and was installed in 1997 and I
don't think it has ever been serviced. I think it's a 4 ton.

The origninal capacitor was a GE and the new one is a Haoye 00300821
and it reads (60+5) uF +/- 5% 440V. I don't have the GE capacitor
anymore but it read the same excet had a smaller votage number. The
GE capacitor was all swollen but the Haoye is not.

I hope I answered your questions correctly.

Thanks again!

This is Turtle.

The difference in the capasitors is only the voltage rating and very seldom
makes much difference but in about 1% of the time it will make a difference.

Now two capsitors going bad in a very short time sound or seems very problematic
and maybe something else causing the problem and the capasitor being the result
of the problem. If cases of the capasitor busting. I have seen about 1 out of 10
it is the fan motor or compressor going out and the 9 out of 10 times it is the
capasitor it'self just going out. You need to check the fan motor and compressor
to see about one of them over amping too much. Get the F.L.A. of the fan motor
and the R.L.A. of the compressor and check if the amperage is not on or above
that amount of amps.

It maybe time to call a service company to check the system out.

TURTLE

---