Alex

"mogga" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:00:03 +0100, nemofish wrote:

We have two rooms seperated by about 60m within a large complex. I have
recently run a telephone extention cable between the two rooms and now
need to buy a couple of phones but I'm not sure which kind to get. I

need
to be able to accept calls in both rooms and have the ability to transfer
a call between the two phones. I also need to have an answerphone
facility on one of the phones.

Can anyone advise on what type of phones will meet my requirements?

Many thanks.
Mat.

I have a pair of dect binatone microdect phones and in the
instructions it tells you about transfering calls...

--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk

It's not DECT so much you need to watch out for, as the fact that they are
GAP compatible (although I think they all are now??)

Anyway, what you can do is buy 2 base units & handsets (not just 1 base unit
with 2 handsets). Then register both handsets to both base units. You will
have the ability to transfer incoming calls from one handset to another,
answer or make calls at either handset, make internal calls between
handsets, hold 3 way calls and this is the good bit - the handset will use
whichever base unit it's nearest to, effectively extending your working area
(although you can't transfer from one base unit to another during a call if
that makes sense!)

I found this all out when working out how to use my old Phillips DECT phone
as a handset in the workshop (where there is no phone line) by registering
it to my new Panasonic base unit indoors. Easy once you know how! Do a
search on google.

Alex