Derk-Jan Gerritsen

Excuse my dutch! With a name like yours I should consider consulting my
dictionary. Thanks for the response. I changed the cables already. That
didn't help. The problem is that it doesn't do the hiss/distortion all
the time.
Do you have any idea where to look? Is it in the analogue part of the
audio circuit?
Any tips for finding a bad cap? In the old days we used the cold spray
or should I just change them all.....?

Derk-Jan

In article , Ray L. Volts
wrote:

"Derk-Jan Gerritsen" wrote in message
Hello,

This very old but very nice cd-player has got a hiss in one of the
channels. I tried to locate it but no luck so far. Someone told me that
this was a common problem on this model. It sounds like a defective
condensator but it probably isn't.
Has anyone got any idea?
Thanks,

Derk-Jan

"condenser" is a very old but very nice term for a capacitor.

Make sure the cable connectors are clean and the cable is firmly plugged in.
Wiggle the cables gently and see if they're broken internally.
If dirty connectors and/or bad cable isn't the prob, there may well be a bad
cap inside the unit.
Could also be cold solder joints...