The Natural Philosopher

Default Crabtree switches

Rick Hughes wrote:

"Ian Clowes" wrote in message
om...

Richard Savage wrote in message

Can anyone comment on the life expectancy of Crabtree grid switches?

Hi

No experience of Crabtree, but I was about to ask something similar re
MK equipment.

I've had a dimmer switch and pull cord switch fail in less than a year
each. MK replaced the electronic dimmer without question, but it was
still a pain.

I have had lots of problems with MK dimmers - most fail very soon after
warranty - work as a switch but don't dim.
2 fitted in my place now don't dim.

Yup. been there, done thgat.

Problem is blown TRIAC. Easily replaceable, but do it with a bigger one.

In my case manufacture kindly sent ugraded new guts 'we found that
candle bulbs blow them all teh time when they go sir'

Rick