Tony

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:22:26 GMT, (v) wrote:

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:27:04 GMT, someone wrote:

Thanks for any suggestions. What would some of you do?

Don't buy a fixer upper if you can't afford to fix 'er up.

If you buy a fixer, you need to have the money for both the purchase
AND the renovations, and it should still be a "deal" even AFTER you
add those two numbers together to put up with the PITA of doing it.

If you only have barely enough $ for the initial purchase, then it is
elementary that you should purchase something that is in good
condition at the time of the purchase and will not need any work.

You need to set your sights lower if all the money you have can only
buy a fixer and not the repairs.

-v.

In all fairness to the house, there really are not any houses under $400,000 in this area. As long
as the leaks are repaired, which the owner has to do, I could live with the 2 prong outlets. It is
just an incovenience. I got the guy down to $368,000 and there is NOTHING for this price in this
neighborhod. I could have bought a MINT Splti Level house a few miles east of this one. It is the
same town but it is close to the shady side of town. Everyone I know says to buy a piece of junk in
a good neighborhood before I buy a mint house in a worse neighborhood because I can change the house
but I cannot change the neighborhood. I will have money for repairs, just not enough money to do
everything right away. If I had to live in it the way it is, I could and it is nice as long as the
leaks are fixed.

Tony