doubter

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:15:21 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:
Sales tax laws vary greatly from state to state but I have never heard of a
sales tax on rentals or sales of real property. Our state does require a
modest deed tax on the sale of property paid by the seller. Something like
1.00 per 1000 of valuation.

I would check this out with the local sales tax department. It sounds like
a rip off to me.

Note that the tax is on the commission, not on the sale of the property. In
this case, the commission is a percent of the sale but that doesn't always have
to be the case. New Mexico taxes "performances of services."