Dave Hinz

On 16 Aug 2004 17:58:29 -0700, Phil Crow wrote:
I bid on (and won) a book that cost, with shipping, $6.45. I sent
payment via PayPal the day after the auction ended, and later that
day, $3.45 was returned to my credit card. I sent the seller an email
yesterday asking him what the story was, and haven't heard back from
him.

Contact paypal, and eBay. Probably in that order. Contact info is
prominently displayed on each site.

On my My Eb*y page, I accidentally deleted the item before I could
leave feedback. I can still reference the item number for feedback,
but how long can I do that? Also, how do I get my three bucks back?

You can search completed items by description, also PayPal will have
the item number recorded for that payment.

Am I overreacting? As a relative novice to online auctions, is there
some intricacy that I overlooked? I don't want to badmouth the guy if
he doesn't have it coming.

If he cheated you out of $3.20, he's probably cheating others out of
money too. Do all of the rest of us a favor and report him to eBay
and PayPal.

Dave Hinz