Ed Sirett

Default Update: Adding a wireless room thermostat (help needed)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:03:25 +0000, JH wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
Every idea I have thought of comes up to a contradiction of the reported
behaviour.

The only one which I think holds out any hope is that the CH and HW are
some how reveresed and the timer is in '10' or 'gravity' mode and won't
let you do HW without CH (sic) AND the boiler etc. is fired of the timer
(via the room stat). This however suggest the HW and CH were not be fully
independant beforehand.

Thanks Ed for the reply - I've lurked many years on this group an respect
your comments and like you I cannot understand the behaviour. The system in
"old" mode does work independently. I'll take another look in the morning -
the only idea I have is that I didn't wait long enough testing the new set
up for the H/W to kick in, but that's _really_ clutching at straws.

Well up to about a 30 seconds or so.
Um... HWC was not already heated ?!?!? Sorry ducks!

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk