Jon Elson

Jason Holler wrote:

Hi all,
I recently bought the milling machine below, some questions about it please
a) What do yous think about it?
b) The instruction manual received with it, is to say the least, SHOCKINGLY
LACKING instructions, has anyone got a similar machine that can supply me a
better manual?
c) I'm a newbie on milling machines, is there a good book, website, etc
explaining how to use the machine?
Sorry the specs are in metric sizes
Picture at www.tooltime.co.za , Engineering tools,

Yup, a client of mine has one. It has one great big problem, just about the
lowest spindle speed range I've ever seen. It was obviously designed as a
heavy-duty drill press, not really a mill. My Bridgeport only goes to
2950 RPM,
and that is a major drawback, so I have some high speed spindles that
can be mounted
to the quill. I find I am moving toward smaller end mills, and the
speed requirement
goes way up on them.

Supposedly, MIT has a metalworking shop course online, and a few other
universities
do, too.