John Rumm

Charles Middleton wrote:

I had a look at the outside of the house and I don't appear to have any
eaves! Any advice on how I could vent the thing?

Tile vent might work then...

I'm thinking it may be easier to just replace the original wall mounted one
with with a more slim line unit. The hole at the moment is approx 12cm which
is just over inches. Looking at TLC Direct etc looks like most of the fans
are around inch and they look a lot more slimline than this archaic unit!

Might be OK - where is the fan in relation to the shower?

It is acceptable to seal the back plate of the fan onto the wall with some
silicon to give it a good seal? Is that the way to do it or can I just screw
the thing onto the wall?

They usually just screw to the wall... (often you screw a detachable
backplate to the fan on first, wire it up, and then fix the fan to it)

--
Cheers,

John.