Mary Fisher

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:05:35 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:10:04 +0100, "G&M"

I would have thought it obvious but if you must play this game : How

does
one get cows and sheep through a kissing gate ?

You're not a farmer are you! Farmers typically get cows and sheep into
their fields by means of cranes, catapaults or hot air balloons.

Really? I've never seen that. I've only seen them go through holes in
hedges.

Once
a farmer did try to patent a five-bar kissing gate, but his mates said
he'd never get planning permission for something that complex. Also,
there are the tunnels, of course. Every farmer knows a secret tunnel
somewhere under the fence that he can get the cows and sheep through.
I think they were all built during the war in case Jerry came and we
had to find somewhere else to live. Getting elephants and kangeroos
shifted is a bit of a problem, though. Mind you, they do say that you
can just tell kangeroos to hop it. I haven't been able to test this
myself as I am firmly wedged into this 'ere kissing gate and cannot
move a muscle, let alone be on the lookout for kangeroos.

If you stay there long enough you'll starve and won't be wedged any more.

Or you could reply to this giving your location and I'll come and kiss

you
out.

I bet you try the former. I would.

Let me indulge my fantasies and opt for the latter!

Hmm. Perhaps you should see a picture first ...

Mary

MM