Simon Stroud

"Jerry Built" wrote in message
james blake wrote:
I have various squeaky floorbaords (chipboard) in my house.
Having just had a new baby and being up at all the time the
squeaks have to go. Unfortunately I dont know where the
plumbing or electrics are running. What I'd like to be able
to do is to take all the nails up and the use screws in
those holes instead. The problem is, how on earth do you
get nails out.

You use a nail puller, such as at:

http://www.smithfrancistools.co.uk/nailpull.htm

It will damage the surface of the boards slightly, however.

J.B.

Seconded.

I have the Priory nail puller. It's in my "top 3 tools I've ever bought"
category. Makes pulling out those damned annular ring shank nails (almost) a
pleasure.

Regards,
Simon.