Wes Stewart

On 16 Aug 2004 18:49:09 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

|Wes Stewart writes:
|

|As a parting thought, consider that once a week on public television,
|Nahm, does exactly what you're thinking about. He makes a copy of
|someone else's work and "sells" it for money to our friends at
|Delta/Porter Cable, Minwax, etc.
|
|Uh, not exactly. I don't watch much TV, but the items Norm reproduces, that
|I've seen, would all be well out of copyright. And he, or someone with the
|show, usually has to develop his own plans from the old furniture.

Correct. "Exactly* was a poor choice of words. But the concept is
certainly similar.

So I wonder how New Yankee would feel about someone buying and
building from their "not quite an original idea" plans and selling the
results?

|Charlie Self
|"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
|Devil's Dictionary

We'll let you get away with this quote since the copyright has
expired. [g]

But I wonder if it ever occurred to Ambrose Bierce, that in a given
conversation, *he* might be the iconoclastic bore?