James

Thanks to all who responded.

That piece of 12440 X 1220 sure would have been a large board.

I think I will give cutlist a try and see how it goes. I like the idea of
being able to keep the inventory, and it seems to do just about everything I
want.

Cheers

James

"Bob" wrote in message
check this link http://www.woodbin.com/
"James" wrote in message
m...
Hi

I am looking for a reasonably priced software package to generate an
optimised board layout from a cutting list. This is purely for hobby
use so it does not have to have masses of other features.

I do a lot of work using 12440 X 1220 mm (8' X 4') board and I would
mainly like to reduce wastage. I occasionally have it cut for me and
as my local store charges per cut it would be nice (but not essential)
to have something that optimises for the least number of cuts as an
option.

I have had a browse around the web and found several different
packages: Cutlist, Sheetlayout, Optimik, etc. I wonder if anyone has
used these and what are their opinions of them?

Thanks

James