Kevin Singleton

You could use half inch birch ply, if the cutout is small enough, but it
might be too flexible if you let it get too large in either dimension.
Regular A-C (or worse) ply probably won't serve as well. You could glue two
pieces of half inch A-C together, and make a pretty stiff plate. I use that
configuration for my reloading presses, and mount them in the bench vise,
and it works very well.

Kevin
--
=====
"RobW" wrote in message
om...
I have a Ryobi RE180PL router that I'd like to temporarily put in a
router table. I'm building the table myself, with the intention of
putting a good (ie. Hitachi M12V) router in it. In the meantime, I
need a cheap way to attach this Ryobi without wasting a $40 insert.

My plan for the future is one of the Rockler (or similar ) aluminum
inserts for the big router, but if I cut a smaller hole for now and
used 1/2" plywood as an insert, would it work? This Ryobi,
unfortunately, has only 2 screw holes to attach to a plate, so the
hole pattern in a good plate could not be used with another router.

The cheaper the better for a temporary fix. Any suggestions?

Rob