BMR

If you do a Google search on "NEMA" and "plugs" or "configurations",
you'll find lots of pictures of the different types of plugs.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:12:40 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:

I'm doing home renovations downstair, and decided that at the same time
I would bring 220 volt power to the shop (by doing it now I save the cost of
a repeat electrical inspection). My shop isn't ready for that yet but I hope
to build a woodworking shop over the next few years. I've already wired in
#6/3 loomex wire to a 70 amp subpanel on a 50 amp feeder fuse, just so I
don't have to worry about being underserviced later. 120 volt service is
excellent already.

Not yet having the tools to compare plug configuration, I am a little
unsure which 220 volt plug would get the most general use. Early candidates
for 220 volt service would be a planer, 8" jointer, maybe a dust system.
Would it be reasonable to wire in a small 20 amp plug, with the expectation
that I would use that one the most? Ideally I should wait until I get the
device before completing the wiring, but I fear that the electrical
inspector will not approve the new wiring job unless there is at least one
circuit completed.

Dave