Bob Darrah

Default Travelling east and looking for wood we don't have in Oregon and Washington to turn...

I live in the Portland, Oregon area and am traveling to Charlottesville, VA
for Thanksgiving with my son and his new bride. What native wood will I find
there to bring home on the plane with me? We will be in Norfolk, VA and
Elizabeth City, North Carolina as well. Will visit the DC area, too. I know
we will go to the Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown settlements, maybe
Mount Vernon and Monticello. Maybe Gettysburg. Any tips on wood I should
look for or stores other than Rockler and Woodcraft? Thanks for the help!
I'm thinking of carrying some Yew wood along to trade.

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon