On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:44:39 -0700, "Bob May"
wrote:

First off, get rid of the 1hp motor and use a 1/4hp motor on the lathe.
Then learn to work within the limits of that motor.

g Well, for that part I'm already ahead of you. There isn't a whole
lot of tension on the belt. If anything grabs the belt slips right
away. I agree the motor is overkill. My thoughts is that it uses
a belt for a reason. I had some club member start recommending
a tensioning system as the belt is very loose. My thought is
that it would sort of defeat the purpose on such a light duty
machine....

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:23:06 GMT, (Rex B) wrote:

Gene
Why don't you post a picture to the dropbox?

Is it anything like this one?

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Rex_B_small_lathe.jpg
Texas Parts Guy

I'll throw some pictures on the web page tonight. I have
some before and during and just need to take some "after"
tonight.

The lathe looks nothing like your link g. Here's what it looks
like: http://www.lathes.co.uk/craftsman/img12.gif

Looking at the source page it is claiming it as a '48 model, not a
'49.

Gene Horr
my name as one word at texas dot net