Dave Hinz

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:21:26 -0700, Malcolm Spann wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:37:57 -0700, "AArDvarK"
wrote:

Easy, just remove the "Index.html" part, and it works.
Alex

Funny, the ISP I have hosting my website must be running Unix or
Linux, because URL's there seem to be case sensitive.

Ah. Your ISP's system administrators have not installed "mod_speling"
(yes, that's how it's spelled) in their (I'm guessing) Apache configuration.
It's made for just this, and "...corrects miscapitalizations, and many omitted,
transposed, or mistyped characters in URLs corresponding to files or
directories, by comparing the input with the filesystem."

I had
*originally* had the filename mixed-case (Index.html), but the only
way to actually reach that page was to have to type out the full URL.
Since I wanted to be able to just put in the path (and have their
server automatically hit that page), I changed it to all lowercase
(index.html). But, I guess that broke the link I had posted. Go
figure.

Might be worth asking your ISP if they would consider installing
mod_speling - if they're worth keeping, they'll do it, if they're not,
then there are other hosting companies who are more willing to come up
to current standards. It's been available for rather a long time, and
I'm surprised that there's anyone not using it.

Dave Hinz