Grant Erwin

That looks like a RF-45, the infamous Rong Fu square-column mill-drill.
It's said to be the best of the mill drills in that the head can be moved
up and down (if you have to drill using a longer drill bit, for example)
without losing the location.

No milling machine comes with instructions. There are a lot of publications
you can subscribe to which have articles or series of articles on how to
use a milling machine. The machine should come with basic instructions on
lubrication, belt changing etc. Hopefully you bought yours from a reputable
source where you can obtain parts.

Rong Fu is a Taiwanese manufacturer. I have owned an RF machine and found
it to be of above average quality for the cost.

South Africa is a long ways away from most of us. Good to hear from you!

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

Jason Holler wrote:

Hi all,
I recently bought the milling machine below, some questions about it please
a) What do yous think about it?
b) The instruction manual received with it, is to say the least, SHOCKINGLY
LACKING instructions, has anyone got a similar machine that can supply me a
better manual?
c) I'm a newbie on milling machines, is there a good book, website, etc
explaining how to use the machine?
Sorry the specs are in metric sizes
Picture at www.tooltime.co.za , Engineering tools,

EMILGH-032 MacAfric FG45 Milling Machine Geared Head Capable of
Tapping with Solid Square Column

4

ProdCode
EMILGH-032

Name
MacAfric FG45 Milling Machine Geared Head Capable of Tapping with Solid
Square Column

Price
US$ 1960 ZAR 11995

Image
EMILGH-032.jpg

Description
Drilling Capacity 45mm. Facemill Capacity 80mm. Endmill Capacity 32mm.
Max Tapping capacit M12. Headstock Swivel Angle 90. Max Distance Nose to
Table 450mm. Spindel Taper MT4. Motor 1.5kW 220V. Forward & backward Travel
175mm. Working Area of Table 800 x 240mm