Jason Holler

Default newbie with milling machine

Hi all,
I recently bought the milling machine below, some questions about it please
a) What do yous think about it?
b) The instruction manual received with it, is to say the least, SHOCKINGLY
LACKING instructions, has anyone got a similar machine that can supply me a
better manual?
c) I'm a newbie on milling machines, is there a good book, website, etc
explaining how to use the machine?
Sorry the specs are in metric sizes
Picture at www.tooltime.co.za , Engineering tools,

EMILGH-032 MacAfric FG45 Milling Machine Geared Head Capable of
Tapping with Solid Square Column

4

ProdCode
EMILGH-032

Name
MacAfric FG45 Milling Machine Geared Head Capable of Tapping with Solid
Square Column

Price
US$ 1960 ZAR 11995

Image
EMILGH-032.jpg

Description
Drilling Capacity 45mm. Facemill Capacity 80mm. Endmill Capacity 32mm.
Max Tapping capacit M12. Headstock Swivel Angle 90. Max Distance Nose to
Table 450mm. Spindel Taper MT4. Motor 1.5kW 220V. Forward & backward Travel
175mm. Working Area of Table 800 x 240mm