Ivan Vegvary

Default Remote sensing thermometer question

For any of you that have a remote sensing thermometer I have the following
question.

Are they accurate enough that I could trace out the 1/2 inch, 12 inches on
center, heating tubes in the concrete slab of my shop. I would start on a
cold day, turn on the heat and start probing in an area where I would like
to bolt down some machinery. It would seem that if I used one with a laser
pointer, it should work. Slab is 6 inches thick, and tubes are
approximately in the middle. The specs on these thermometers claim 0.2%
accuracy.

All opinions greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary