GTO69RA4

Sorry, Dunlap. I'd have to go get the model number tomorrow but from
searching various web sites I got from more than one source that it
was the '49 model. From what I read this model was only made for that
one year. Both the '48 and the '50 were slightly different designs.
Perhaps they went back to the threaded design becuase it was
better?....

Thanks, all for the information. I'm leaning towards just making a
new shaft (called the spindle?). I was going to buy a three tooth
chuck anyway. This would kill two birds with one stone.

Gene Horr
my name as one word at texas dot net

I'm not really familiar with all the different AA lathe models, but I have to
think yours was modified or something really weird. They came stock with a 1/2"
threaded spindle with a tiny through-hole. Very prone to bending or cracking.
First project for folks with these is usually making a new solid spindle.

GTO(John)