Bruce L. Bergman

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:30:38 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:05:08 -0500, "gfulton"
wrote:
Steve Taylor wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

I believe that would be like a comparison of 110v. and 220v.
One will kill you. The other will only blow off a few fingers
and knock you unconscious for a while.

220V merely tickles.....its what you're used to that matters...

Tickles, my ass. Try it hot and sweaty lying on your belly and brushing a 3
phase feeder. With very little room to maneuver away from it.

Brrrrrr...the memories of something similar still haunt me....

I just got bit pretty good week before last - 277V from the base of
my left index finger to one of my forearms laying on the rim of the
steel access hatch in grounded steel lath ceiling falsework...
Wa-Ha-Ha-Hoooiee!!! Was repeating George Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words"
routine for 30 seconds ;-) and shaking my arm for a half hour...

Compared to that, 120V is nothing but a strong tickle. The little
(1/8" x 3/8") 2nd degree burn where the wire touched at the edge of my
palm (almost on my thumb web) made a dry blister and is healing up
nicely.

G--D---ed retail store in an old office building, with the 277V
panel for those lights locked up in another office's utility closet.
Which made it far easier to pull the wirenut in the ceiling to kill
the fixtures we were replacing two at a time...

Moral: Copper wire makes a decent spring and can jump sideways to
bite you when you take the wirenut off.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545