jeff

"MoonsOfJupiter" wrote in message ...

Hi,

I have a Frigidaire Electric Range FEF365BGWC. It came with the house two
years ago and we were told it was two years old then. (So its 4yo.)

While cooking today, after one hour at 375 degrees I opened the door to
check the food. I closed the door and left the kitchen. Nobody else is in
the house.

When I returned 30 minutes later to give another stir, I noticed the
temperature was much cooler. Checking the display, the bake light was out
and the time of day was displayed. Also the LOCK light was blinking green.

I checked the lock and, with the door open, the lock latch was in the locked
position, preventing the door from shutting.

Pressing any cooking button on the control panel shows a "dr" on the display
(presumably meaning the door is open/broken).

The oven has completely cooled now, but the lock is still stuck.

It may be possible to push the door switch yourself ( see upper left
side of the oven opening ) and have someone else set and then cancal
the self clean mode to see if the lock will then go back to it's
normal unlocked position for regular cooking. Sometimes that switch is
just the oven light switch and there is another self clean door switch
is *hidden* on the right side hinge ( behind the side panal ).

I've cut the power at the breaker, several times, for up to 30 minutes, but
the lock stays stuck.

Is the motor/solenoid shot?

The lock assembly may be bad yes.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=776607
Door lock/latch motor assembly w/2 switches.

Can I buy a new oven now?

Sure, why not

:O:
wd