In article , "Mungo \"one shed\" Toadfoot"
writes
rrh wrote:
It's like all these things. If you find something like that, who
knows what else is lurking under there? Rip it all out. Fix it. I
guarantee you'll sleep better. And you know that you and your family
will be safe.

This is true, though it sounds alarmist. We found a Flymo connector
plastered into one wall; it joined two lengths of 2.5mm to extend a socket!
http://members.lycos.co.uk/Skanksville/id98.htm

Si

**Living Design** put in a kitchen for my Dad. They wired in an extra
socket for the washing machine directly under the sink waste pipe. Guess
what happened when the washing machine broke down and the waste got
blocked?
They also wired in a socket on another wall.
At this time I am re-wiring and flushing in all accessories including
all the kitchen which is brick wall and concrete floor and uncovered how
they connected it up. There is a chocolate block (5A even) behind one of
the [then] existing sockets, plastered into the wall (no mechanical
protection) and they have spurred to the w/m socket then spurred again
to the additional socket on the other wall.

3 wall cupboards, 1 sink unit /cupboard, 1cooker hood cupboard, 1
standard width and 1 narrow under counter cupboard, no appliances, no
tiling, cheap as hell surface sockets, cooker hood unvented to outside,

For this small kitchen he was charged 3.5G!!!!!
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.