Robert Irwin

Default Shed Electrics

"Quigs" wrote in message
om...
Can someone help me with their thoughts on shed electrics.

I want to run electric to my shed, and am planning to use 2.5mm SWA
cable so its protected. How deep should I bury it - I can do this
under a hedge so should avoid random spade attack etc.

I want to run 1 internal double socket, I IP55 external socket, 1
internal strip light and an external PIR light.

Real questions a-

1) What should the MCB rating be at the house consumer unit and should
it be RCD protected?

2) Do I need to add another consumer unit in the shed? If so what
should the maximum RCD rating be on this?

3) Should I add a local earth rod? If so what guage of earth wire
should I use to connect to it?

4) Is there an electrical book that I can read, that can help me with
this kind of question in the future?

Thanks

Quigs

Try the Which? guide to wiring and lighting. Got it for Chrimbo and its
great.