Christopher Green

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:31:15 -0400, "James Nipper"
wrote:

I am not much of a do-it-yourselfer, but I do have some basic homowner
tools. One tool that I have thought of purchasing as I think it would
be handy in many instances , is a recriprocating saw.

I have heard of a Sawz-All (not sure of spelling). Is this the same as,
or just similar to a reciprocating saw ? Is it a brand name ? Is there a
need to have both ?

Yes, it's a reciprocating saw. It's Milwaukee's trade name for their
saw. The other power hand tool makers also make them: Porter-Cable has
some even more powerful models, but Milwaukee's are lighter and better
balanced.

I would like a saw where I could make short cuts in tight places, and in
which I could put a tempered blade in and cut a small bolt loose, cut up
rebar, and things like that.

Those are some tasks these are good for. What they're not good for is
tasks like cabinetry: they cut too fast and too rough.

--
Chris Green