eds

SawzAlls should be made illegal for plumbers and electricians =)
EDS
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "James Nipper"

wrote:

I am not much of a do-it-yourselfer, but I do have some basic homowner
tools. One tool that I have thought of purchasing as I think it

would
be handy in many instances , is a recriprocating saw.

Oh, yeah. Big-time handy. I wouldn't be without one. I've had a Craftsman
reciprocating saw for fifteen years or more, and I can't begin to count

the
number of times I've used it, or the different jobs I've used it for.

I have heard of a Sawz-All (not sure of spelling). Is this the same

as,
or just similar to a reciprocating saw ? Is it a brand name ? Is there

need to have both ?

Same thing. SawzAll is the brand name for the reciprocating saw made by
Milwaukee.

I would like a saw where I could make short cuts in tight places,

Just the ticket.

and in
which I could put a tempered blade in and cut a small bolt loose, cut up
rebar, and things like that.

Reciprocating saws work for those tasks -- but an angle grinder might work
better.