BigWallop

Default Alarm advice with cats in mind.

"PJO" wrote in message

snipped
modern glass break detector with proper discrimination.

Here we go:

http://web.raex.com/~colombo/security/secmis9.htm

No, sorry, can't agree. They are still prone to false alarms. I know any
detector can false but these breakglass detectors are more prone. Put it
this way... they are almosy outlawed in the new ACPO (Association of Chief
Police Officers) policy.

I've got to agree that glass-break detectors are one of the worst sources of
false alarm on any system that employs them. Just running an aluminium can
along a piece of glass in the property can cause them to activate. We hate
using them and try not to unless they're fitted in an office on the fortieth
floor of the block, but even these have sometimes been activated by pigeons.