chuck yerkes

Oscar_Lives wrote:
"Ike" wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 04:14:14 GMT "Oscar_Lives"
wrote :
I have never heard of a heater that heats hot water.

Really Oscar? Does your water heater wait until the water is room
temperature and then kick in? Were do you live? Appalachia where water
heaters are wood fired? I have one of the newer gas models that keeps
the water at a temperature range I set.

But why would you want to heat hot water? Why not just use a plain ol'
water heater, instead of a hot water heater?

Because us smart folks run the water up to a solar water heater
first. Depending, the water that hits the water heater can be
between 50 degrees (if the system's in heavy use - eg. 3 showers
taken, the washing machine and dishwasher running) or 120 degrees.

My PV installer was troubleshooting someone who had a tankless
that was failing. If he put a tarp over the solar water panels,
it was fine. They narrowed it down to when the incoming
water was over 140 degrees! (which is kinda close to too hot).

They solved it by putting a 20 gallon holding/circ tank in the
loop to replace the 10 gallon tank. (no gas on this tank, just a
place for the solar panel to dump in hot and draw out cold(er) from
the bottom.

It basically means that he pays a LITTLE for heating the water early
in the morning when the holding tank is down to 100 degrees or so.
Most of the heat is free.

It's not the answer you want, but you were just trolling.