George

"Curmudgeon" wrote in message
I have a friend who supplies vendor support to both chains over an entire
region. His take?

If you know exactly what you want and need little or no help/advice, go

Lowes. Great stores, clean and well laid-out, but mediocre to poor
customer service and inexperienced (read low paid) help.

If you want good advice and excellent customer service, go to HD. Their
stores aren't as pretty or as well organized, but they pay better than
Lowes and attract older associates who have a lot of experience.

BTW , if you've ever wondered by HD aisles aren't numbered....it's so

their
employees CANNOT refer you to an aisle number, but must take you there
instead. I know it doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it's a good
indication of where their head is.

Every HD I have been in has numbered aisles.